Friday, April 25, 2008

Just Ask

Yesterday, I fretted about what happens next. And I wrote a big therapy post about how to manage slipping out of the present moment and into Worryland. I followed my own advice and did some affirmation work.

I also visited the Musee Rodin, but saw the giant line and, rather than repeat the Orsay Ordeal, I walked away. Ended up seeing the Petit Palais (a free municipal gallery) and witnessing the Bodyguard's Bad Day (see yesterday's post). In other words, I added positive to the negative.

And I was rewarded.

The fun began with an email from Hilary reminding me about the idea to leave the screenplay on the table for Signor Producer. I smiled because I had actually kind of forgotten about him. I got ready to leave for my dinner with Maud when the phone rang for the second time all month.

It was Signor Producer.

I almost fell down. He is in Paris for a few days and wants to come to the apartment to pick up some spring clothes. Will I be there so he can meet me? Um, yes. He says he's so happy that I'm staying there to write my book. I casually mention that it happens to be a screenplay. He's coming here at 11:00 on Saturday.

Filled with joy, I flew down the stairs and into the Metro to meet Maud. I have been to Le Marais (a fun gay/Jewish district) three times now and gotten horribly, horribly lost each time. As I doubled-back, no...tripled-back, along Rue Saint-Antoine, two men sitting in a bistro cheered. There she is again! It started to pour. I was lost, wet and cold.

I finally found Maud and her friends. J'etais un chien humide (wet dog). Only one of them spoke a little English, so I spent most of an hour trying to warm up, breathing inhuman amounts of second-hand smoke and nursing a cafe creme.

The two women who didn't speak English poked fun at the language, speaking like cowboys. I think we all must sound like John Wayne to them. I also learned that the French don't dig our large, enthusiastic greetings. They kept yelling Hi! Hi! Hi! and jumping around. I guess the French prefer a more subtle approach. Involving kissing people you don't know.

As we stumbled through a "conversation" that was half broken English, half broken French, I learned that the woman across from me is a film editor and director. She knows a good producer. Maud suddenly remembers that she knows a director who is looking for a screenwriter. I get the editor/director's card and Maud says she'll set up an appointment with the other director.

Le chien humide est heureux.

These three leads don't mean my film will get made next week. Who knows what will happen? But I believe the message here is that everything I need is at my fingertips. That it's all coming together...right now. The right people, the right money, the right opportunities are available at all times. If you get clear and ask.

You chose everything that is in your life right now. And you get to choose whatever comes into it next. Don't worry about the how. It takes care of itself.

No comments: