Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day 119/Day 27: New Moon Resolutions

Keeping my head above water here after three flat tires in a week, the Christmas Gong Show, my second-ever Catholic mass, having houseguests, eating gravy-soaked poison for three days straight and accepting the fact that writing one sentence for my book on Christmas Day is my version of a Christmas Miracle.

But rather than regale you with stories including Like A Farting Dog In A Car or The Most Depressing Afternoon Of The Year, I want to tell you that this year, you should be making your New Year's Resolutions today (the 27th) than waiting until December 31st. Or the 1st for those of you who like your resolutions hungover and reeking of gin.

It's the first day of the new moon and I'm not pulling this out of my butt, my favourite kooky astrologer said so. I'm not embarrassed to tell you there was a period of my life in which all my decisions were made based on my horoscope and I would refuse to be friends with people based on their atrological signs. (No Aries allowed, sorry.) I've relaxed this stance some, having found several other woo woo methodologies for structuring my life and having successfully purged my life of people born between March 21 and April 19. (Wink.)

I am super huge on New Year's Resolutions (NYR). I'm all about them, actually. Any opportunity to take stock and make plans for future awesomeness should be maximized, in my opinion. I love New Year so much, I hold a second celebration on my birthday in July. It's my Semi-Annual Self-Awareness Sale!

This year's NYR will be focusing on how to make life more delicious. Even though 2008 included the realizing of the Big Dream of my life, I didn't have a lot of fun. April in Paris RAWKED, but the rest of 2008 was characterized by me making life much more difficult than it needed to be. Which, if I were a consumer product, might be an appropriate tag line. Learning Things The Hard Way Since 1976.

My goals for 2009 include laughing more, looking/feeling hotter, getting paid to do something I love and spending more time with people I think are cool. These are the kinds of goals a person can get excited about. Lose 10 lbs? Blech. Boring. My advice is to make goals that you think are so effing spectacular you can't wait for January 1st to get going on them. Only I have to wait until New Year's Day because I've got a freaking book to finish and five days to do it. Gaaaaa!

No comments: