Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 96/Day 4: Recipe for Happiness

1/4 cup Grand Marnier
1/4 cup Tequila
1 whole orange
1 whole lime
1 whole lemon
1/3 cup agave syrup
A whole bunch of ice

Peel the fruit. Toss everything into the blender and let 'er rip. Pour into festive margarita glasses, put on a tacky Hawaiian shirt and dance around like an idiot singing Bob Marley songs.

Special thanks to Chef Teal who did NOT give me permission to publish this on the interweb. I hope to God she doesn't read this. Or that she's drunk when she does.

I've frequently been tempted to post raw recipes on here, but have held off because that's a little too Mommyblogger for me. I believe you need to earn the right to post recipes and stain removal strategies by giving loud, long, painful birth to something.

Speaking of long, painful births*, Drea and Family drove up here with Boyfriend last night. Lola, a.k.a. The Kid, a.k.a. Midget, a.k.a. Smidge, a.k.a. Wiggles McNibbs, a.k.a. Drea's almost-two-year-old daughter, demanded we go outside today. Even though it was 16-below not counting the wind. We froze our balls off. Miss McNibbs complained less than the adults, probably because it was her (very bad) idea. But when she was done, she started screaming in that little kid way that says IT IS YOUR FAULT I HAVE HYPOTHERMIA AND WILL NOW DIE.

The Fam left about an hour ago and can I just say? I have really lame kid stamina. I keep trying. One day an untapped well of energy to open up and suddenly I will be able to play chase-me-around-the-kitchen for three hours, followed by a 90-minute aerobic peek-a-boo session. But right now, she starts yelling and I go into a state of catatonia, rocking back and forth and grinding my teeth.

Consequently, I'm knackered. And, once again, my ovaries have packed their cute little matching suitcases and hightailed it to sunny Mazatalan where they are knocking back a couple of those fruity margaritas and talking about timeshares.



* A reference that will make sense to no one except those who know Drea and the legend of The Four Day Labour. Lola, weighing barely five pounds, took four full days to get her skinny ass out here into the world. It was...epic. Every time her husband suggests they have more kids, Drea laughs in his face.

No comments: