Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm Home

I traveled back in time yesterday, flying over oceans and timezones and standing in a lot of lineups. I was awake for 24 full hours. I greeted my boyfriend and was Nice Girlfriend (TM) despite the fact that I had to make use of the air sickness bag while landing from my flight from Montreal. For real. For the second time in my life.

The first time was on a flight to Vancouver where the turbulence hammered us for the whole flight. This time may have been induced by the fact that I told someone the Vancouver-air-sick story combined with my decision to eat a Crispy Crunch bar for dinner during 16 hours of transatlantic travel. Anyhoo.

I'm home. And it kind of feels like I never left. Which is good and bad. I need to keep momentum up, but I also need some time to rebalance. As soon as I got up this morning, I was online looking at screenwriting competitions (many of which have May 1st deadlines). I'm in mortal combat with my overachieving side. The one that forces decisions and actions, even if I'm not ready or the situation feels not-quite-right.

The next step will come as a feeling. An intuition or a meeting or a "chance" encounter. I already had one, actually. On the plane from Paris, I sat with a guy with whom I connected early in my journey. He teaches men in the art of romance/seduction. He's like a world-famous male version of The Dating Dame. He also recently had a cameo-ish role as himself in a feature film due out soon. So, he knows a screenwriter, a director and a producer. We have yet to figure out why our paths crossed, but maybe that's it. Who knows?

I'm brain dead today. So this post will be short, but I wanted to reassure you all that although the Paris leg of the journey is over, this process has only just begun. Keep watching the blog. I've learned some powerful lessons and made some permanent internal shifts. After some more sleep, I'll let you in on all that n' more.

1 comment:

Lindley said...

Thanks for taking me on your trip.. I have been following all along and I am sad to see it come to an end.
I would love to meet your Charlie someday..

Erin(xerion)