Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 128: T.G.I.M

This is possibly the worst Monday of the year. The Monday after Christmas holidays end and you have to face going back to work in the brutal cold. The kind of cold that inspires you to make those dumb jokes about how you thought it was called global warming. The kind of Monday where you seriously considered wearing your Christmas jammies to the office to prove a point.

THIS is the Monday I've selected to begin a new series of posts called T.G.I.M. (Thank God It's Monday). Don't ask me why I'm doing this...unless you are begging for an earful of beauty pageant answers that will make you gag. I'm just doing it.

Our first T.G.I.M poster boy is very fine young actor/geek called Wil. Wil and I have found ourselves, quite suddenly, thrown together in a short play to be performed as part of the High Performance Rodeo – a festival of theatre, dance and other weirdness. I'm using Wil's head shot for this post because my camera was frozen solid after being left in my car for three weeks. Next time I'll put more effort in. Promise.

T.G.I.M. #1
Name:
Wil Knoll
Age: 27
Occupation: Actor, Network Security computer fixer-upper, award-winning Twitter Phenom
Things You Can't Tell By Looking At Him: Had a yucky breakup in November, lost 30 pounds recently

What is the most awesomest thing in your life right now?
Yesterday, I wrote a twit (Twitter update) about how I was sick of doing nothing. Literally ten minutes later, Mark (Hopkins, theatre producer) called me and asked me to be in this show. My role involves climbing on a roof and using a bullhorn. I'd say that's pretty awesome.

What are you grateful for?
I'm grateful for the people in my life who have been honest with me. The best advice I've ever received was the stuff that hurt the most.

1 comment:

Shea said...

This is a great idea. Because, my god, this Monday especially was not the funnest in the world. Glad you're not face down, drooling anymore. :)