Monday, January 26, 2009

TGIM #4

Today's TGIM poster child is...me. Mostly because my planned TGIMer, who is seven years old, wanted to play Uno instead and was way too tired anyway and got sent to bed before we could talk.

Name: Melanie Jones
Age: 32
Occupation: Writer, performer, (mood) swinger

Things You Can't Tell By Looking At Me (Or By Reading This Blog): Very little. I'm an open book, but not too many people know I own a button-thing that plays a bit of 'Don't Worry Be Happy' by Bobby McFerrin when you press it. That's not really a secret, though. That's a 'you haven't rummaged around in my drawers much, have you?' The real secret is that I DO press it and it DOES make me be happy. Also, I always know where my passport is. And two of my secret dreams are to be a cabaret singer and to learn to draw.

What are you grateful for?
I am grateful for this giant cup of hot tea I'm sipping. I'm grateful for all the people in my life who love and support me. I'm grateful to know there is a path of bread crumbs for me to follow. I'm grateful for creativity, espresso and the truth.

What is the most awesomest thing in your life right now?
One awesome thing is that I've realized (once again) that I'm supposed to perform. I may be a writer, but down to my DNA, I'm a performer, too. I don't know why I resist this fact because it's true in the sense that oxygen is true. Or gravity.

But THE most awesomest thing is that I leave for Paris in two weeks and six days. That's 20 sleeps until delicious cheese, super-smelly Metro stations and a city so full of stories it makes my head spin.

2 comments:

Shea said...

And the beret looks fabulous!

xo,
s.

Anonymous said...

Let me just say that if looking Parisienne is any indication of success (and of course it is!), I expect a forthcoming bill announcing your appointment as ambassador Marc Lortie's special envoy.