Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 82: Good News Sports Fans

I'm getting published, yo. Got the acceptance letter yesterday. My essay about divorce is officially being included in the anthology titled Ask Me About My Divorce: Women Open Up About Moving On. This was the essay that I spent seventeen hours toiling over way back in August. The essay that now when I read it, I think, 'Meh, I could do better.' Only I promise I won't think that any more and I'll just enjoy this lovely moment.

Isn't this moment lovely? Lovely, yes.

It's being pre-sold on Amazon.com, but it doesn't show the cover yet, which is a close-up of a woman's chest. She's wearing a badge that says Ask Me About My Divorce, kind of like those Ask Us About Dollar Daze badges from cheesy department stores. It'll be out in June 2009.

I also got an email from my new editor at Avenue. He says my obsession story looks great and I don't have to make any major changes. And I got two more rejections to add to my list. Only I don't call them rejections any more. I call them Passes. Sounds more positive. I'm working towards a hundred. I'm only at seven.

One of the passes yesterday was from Bitch Magazine. I was sad, but mostly because I want the word Bitch on my resume. It really should be there, don't you think?

No comments: