Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 62: Only So Much

When a girl has three deadlines landing on the same day, she has to prioritize. When she booked four social events on the days leading up to that deadline, she has to give her head a shake. I can't even blame that on Cold Lake-inspired desperation. It was just bad planning and too much lead time, leading to 'I'm sure it's fine' calendar stacking. Bad move.

Regardless. The grant is in the mail. This was essential. The CBC lit competition is being addressed right now. And there is much to say about the first draft of this book. Too much to say when I'm on deadline.

FYI, this is the first day of NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo. Two stupidly named 'quantity over quality' writing challenges. NaBloPoMo – post on your blog every day for a month. NaNoWriMo – write a 50,000-word novel in 30 days. Not that 50,000 words makes a novel. As I found out with my book. Ugh. Nothing. I'm fine.

Off to CBC it up and then fall over on my face.

No comments: