Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 166: 25 Things

On Facebook, there's this thing going around called 25 Things. It's 25 random facts about a person and in order to do it, you have to get tagged by someone else. Like a chain letter or Red Rover. I've been waiting and waiting to get tagged and NUTHIN'. So I'm taking it upon myself to give you my 25 Things...whether you want 'em or not.
  1. I was born in Montreal and so it has become my answer to the question 'Where are you from?' But I was born while my parents were in the process of packing up the yellow Camaro to move to Ontario. So I don't think I'm actually "from" Montreal. It just sounds cooler than "a variety of shit towns in Northern Ontario."
  2. My guilty musical pleasure is Kelly Clarkson.
  3. I constantly check to see if I have anything hanging out of my nose. I am nasally paranoid and obsessed.
  4. My eyeliner smears every single day.
  5. For the past five years, my favourite chocolate bar has been Kit Kat. Now I've fallen out of love and I don't know why.
  6. I stole some jokes from my ex. I use them regularly to this day and never credit him.
  7. I cry a lot and I'm sort of comfortable with that.
  8. I laugh a lot and I'm very comfortable with that.
  9. When I was a kid, I found several diamond rings on the floor in Sears. The store had been robbed and the thief had dropped some of his booty on the way out. I gave the manager the rings I'd found, but he barely thanked me. The lesson there was: doing the right thing gets you NOTHING.
  10. I lived in Rochester, Minnesota for three years when I was small. Those were the best years of my life. Mostly because they involved tornados, garter snakes and creepy attics.
  11. I was a tomboy when I was 12. I wore nothing but Calgary Flames sweat suits for a whole year.
  12. I am actually very shy.
  13. Unless I have a microphone in my hand.
  14. I love early mornings...all peaceful, unspoiled silence and untapped potential.
  15. But I also love my snooze button. I press it at least five times every morning.
  16. I don't like televised sports. But sometimes I get compelled by the drama of man-against-man or man-against-himself. During these circumstances I've been known to get incredibly emotional, nervous and weepy.
  17. I've run five marathons and completed one Ironman triathlon. Before that I was always known as the non-athletic one in my family.
  18. The dating advice segments I did for CityTV and the dating column I wrote for Avenue was my version of 'making lemonade' after my divorce. But now dating as a topic bores me to tears.
  19. I want to believe in magic and faeries, but find it hard to keep this stuff alive without going all weird and Wicca. Maybe I need more children in my life.
  20. I am totally a starter – all fired up and excited at the beginning of a project, but severely lacking in follow-through.
  21. I got my nose pierced during the Rebellious Teenage Tears. I still have a little scar.
  22. I was a contemporary dancer for seven years. I loved it and miss it terribly.
  23. Patient is not a word I would use to describe myself.
  24. I am a cold-blooded killer of plants.
  25. The ability to be extremely silly is necessary to be part of my life. All the members of my 'inner circle' are deliciously dorky and childlike and I value this beyond measure. (If you are applying for a position in the inner circle, keep this in mind.)

No comments: