Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 173: Jet Lag 1, Me 0

Paris, Day 2. I was wide awake at 2:30 a.m. It's 4:30 now and there is a bird singing outside. I also just heard some poor sucker's alarm clock go off.

Even though I will likely be comatose by this afternoon, I do love this aspect of jet lag. I am wide awake and fully functional by four in the morning. From a productivity perspective, this kicks serious ass.

Only "being productive" is a habit I'm kinda trying to kick, so instead I'm just padding around the studio, taking it all in.

This photo is the first of my Taxidermied Animal Series. I shall call him Cecil Lucius "Brutus" von Balthazar III. Although he's now employed as a bearskin rug, he was once one of Southern Bohemia's most famous silent film directors. He is lovingly (if a little boredly) watched over by this massive photo of a trust fund kid turned model.

This installation is located in the atelier part of Dana's studio, an airplane hangar type deal with 20-foot ceilings and, currently, a house made of cardboard which I am considering napping in later.

No comments: