Monday, February 2, 2009

TGIM #5

Today's TGIM star is my mama. I have four thousand photos of her, but none of them digital. Except for this too-dark-but-still-gorgeous one of her and Pop in Fiji. Although you can barely see their faces, I've never seen my parents this happy. But, hey, I hear a week in Fiji followed by six months in Australia does that to people.

So here's my mom's TGIM contribution. Short n' sweet...just like her.

Name:
Charlotte Jones
Age: Looks 40-something. Is 50-something.

Occupation:
The woman has so many letters behind her name she needs two business cards. She has a PhD in biochemistry and she's an endocrinologist (means doctor) who specializes in community-based health research.

Things You Can't Tell By Looking At Her: Ran her first marathon at age 50, spent a year in Australia when she was a kid (and her house burned down!), started med school at age 36, is capable of eating her body weight in salad in one sitting.

What are you grateful for?
I'm grateful for having special people in my life who love me back. It's soppy but it's true.

What's the most awesomest thing in your life right now?
It's awesome to be here in New Zealand and loving it, and at the same time, missing and loving my beautiful home.

No comments: