Sunday, February 15, 2009

TGIM #7

Lucky seven y'all! This week's TGIM is my friend Steve, recent recipient of an ungracious pink slip and master of making a totally crappy situation work in his favour. Also, he's dating my friend Clare. So we love him.


Name: Steve LePan
Age: 31
Occupation: Urban Buddha

Sadly, Steve's taken down the blog where he came up with this occupation. It was part of a series of posts called 9 Lives in which every day he imagined various fantasy occupations including Full-Time Amateur Athlete. I think it was Day 4 or 5, he came up with Urban Buddha...and then made it happen, beginning with a 12-week self-transformation. Here's the moment the idea took shape:

"I've been kicking around the idea of opening a studio/gym/wellness centre for some time. What better way to live a healthy life than to make it your career? My vision is a balanced approach. An East meets West type of thing seeing as that is really a mirror of myself. Part Urban - part Buddha. I love yoga, but I also love barbeques and beer. I appreciate a good sunset and I also appreciate a crisp 100-dollar bill. Anyway, you get the point."

Things You Can't Tell By Looking At Him:
  • He grills a mean steak and used to be a raw foodist.
  • He keeps two hockey trophies on the top shelf in his living room for 'Top Goalie" Men's League Weeknight Division II.
  • Two years ago he spent a month in ICU on life support for some random freak throat infection.
What are you grateful for?
My health. I can now say I truly appreciate life. My girlfriend. She rocks. My friends. We have more memories than most.

What is the most awesome thing in your life right now?
The freedom. The unpredictability. The challenge. The adventure.

No comments: