Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 38: (Working) Title Match

On my drive down to Lethbridge in southern Alberta, as I battled Mach 10 winds blasting across the prairie landscape, I decided it's time for a title. I'm going to be applying for a grant and soliciting letters of support and I figure they can't all be for a project titled Paris Memoir X. Or maybe they can.

That's up to you.

Because dear readers, you get a say in the working title of my charming, irreverent, wildly funny memoir!

Vote early. Vote often. Some are ridiculous. Some are not. Some I think are a total joke, but who knows, you might like them the best. Any of these could include some kind of explanatory subtitle like 'A Creative Coming of Age Story' or 'How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the French.'

Maybe you like the feel of one, but the words don't seem quite right. Maybe you want one word from one and one from the other. Maybe you think I should go back to the drawing board for (Working) Title Match Round 2. It's a choose your own title adventure!

Got a better idea? Send it along! I'll dedicate the book to you. And possibly name my first-born child after you.


Who I Was in Paris

Henry Miller Makes Me Mad

Me, Myself and Paris

The Midget, The Dyke & The Doorknob

Rite of Paris

Fully Clothed at the Moulin Rouge

Paris Is My Girlfriend

First Daft

Paris Memoir X

Post your comments here (and spark a feisty debate!) or email me at titlematch at melaniejones dot ca. May the best title win!

No comments: