Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 47: Full-Of-It Friday

As a special Friday treat, I have let my attention deficit disorder out to play. It's a buffet of blathering. A carnival of cuckoo. A festival of fuckwittage. Bon appetit.

Material Girl
I just got my windshield replaced on the Subaru. Some angels replaced my brake pads, too, so my car has never been in better shape. And now I'm gonna turn around and sell it. Because that is the crux of my Get The Hell Back To Gay Paree plan, if you recall. Only as I drove it back from the autoglass place, I got my first pangs of remorse. "But wait," the voices of Attachment To Material Possessions cried. "Who will you be if you don't drive a sporty Subaru? This car makes you cooler!" Maybe the new owner will give me visitation rights.

Star F*cker
I haven't had a crush on a Hollywood celebrity since Robert Downey Jr. went back to rehab. But right now, I am dealing with a debilitating obsession with the dude who plays Peter Petrelli on Heros. Look at this face. Swoon.


And guess what show Boyfriend suggested we watch next?


Aspiring Mommyblogger Seeking Stud Horse
Have we heard of mommyblogging yet? Moms who blog get big web traffic and big bucks, I tell you what. I am insanely jealous of them. If I had exploding poopy diapers to write about, you bet your first-born I'd be doing it. All those funny things kids say?! God, you wouldn't need an ounce of creativity.

Girls Gone Raw
Is the title for sure, but I can't decide if it should be a graphic novel or an erotic cookbook. Votes?

Teen Love
I am so glad I'm not a teenager. So. So. So. Glad. We were surrounded by them at Starbucks today. They were all hormonal and fighting for a place in the world in futile ways like talking really loud or not making room for little old ladies with walkers. And no matter how badass they thought they were, they still looked like skinny-necked kids with zits and braces and noses they haven't grown into. Tough break.

Random Fact
In Columbia, you can be fined up to $90,000 for gossiping. The fun part would be finding out who turned you in.

I Know One Fart Joke
Bet you're dying to hear it.

I Heart Hippy Communes
I don't know if it was voting Green that did this to me, but I'm loving the idea of communal living/working spaces right now. Wouldn't it be so great to have an apartment complex full of artists and writers and raw foodists? And we would all gather in the evenings and eat lentil loaf and listen to Rafael's new song? And we could collaborate and watch each other's children and sprout chick peas. The only real trouble would come if Isaac the painter got into the absinthe again and we end up scraping his anti-Laetitia sentiments off the front door. That and the animal sex noises from when he and Laetitia make up.

Star F*cker, The Sequel
It's only fair. Here's Boyfriend's top pick. Not that I'm worried. My ass looks exactly like Jessica Alba's.

No comments: